• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts export help SGS2

Well i have a big problem ..... my new s2 comes tomorrow and this one is being returned as its more of a radiator than a phone! However all my numbers are stored to the phone I've exported them to the sim card (i think ) but i can't check if they have copied aand what does syncing to my Google address do??? Please help this techno phobe :(

If you have a Google account on your phone, all of your contacts are automatically sync to your Google Account. A good way to check is to open your Gmail and look at your contact list. All your contact on your phone should be on the list.

Once you get your new phone and after you enter your Google Account and password, you're asked if you want to sync your Google Account (I forget if this is auto or not) but your contact is on your new phone.

Upvote 0
When you're in your Gmail on your computer, look in the top left corner (Ignore my Gmail theme) where you see "mail", "contacts", and "tasks"...

111814235633gmailinboxc.png

Once you have your contacts saved here, all you'll have to do is sign into your phone and BOOM all your contacts will automatically sync up with Google via the cloud. :)

Also my advice is whenever you add a new contact in your phone, save the contact via Google instead of saving it to the phone (Phone should give you this option when you add a contact). This will add them to your Google contacts and auto sync in the future with new phones when you sign in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones