Contacts from old phone to EVO

Last Updated:

1. reneeb

reneeb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My LG Lotus just DIED today...2 days before I get my EVO. Would BB be able to import my contacts from my Lotus into my EVO even if I cant get my Lotus to turn on? Please say yes...I have almost 200 phone numbers in my Lotus and I know maybe 5 of them by heart...

Thanks,
    Renee

Advertisement
  2. lopezpm

lopezpm Well-Known Member

I don't think it will work without the phone turning on.

reneeb likes this.
  3. reneeb

awww really? Does anyone know for certain?

Thanks!

4. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Depends on what happened to it and if they can get it up long enough to get the data out. If it's a short in the battery, charging mech, or the screen blew out, then yes... If it's just dead dead dead... Then probably not so much.

I've gotten recovery data from a ton of 'dead' LG devices in my time, so hopefully the geeks can do it for ya there.

reneeb likes this.
  5. reneeb

I dont even know what happened to it. Its not the battery, because the small front screen will work occasionally. For the past couple of days the main screen will flash on and off, then go black for a while. Earlier today I couldnt get it to turn on so I took out the battery then replaced it and it wont turn on. I put it on the charger at home (even though it is over half full) and now the screen is just flashing on and off. Hopefully if I dont touch it until Friday the guys can get the contacts off it! Thanks!

6. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Perfect, if you got power you can bitpim the phone to your computer in a worse case scenario!!!

If they can't do it at the store, just follow the leader...

Download BitPim (Welcome to BitPim) and plug your Lotus in to your computer. It should let you back up your contacts and export them to a .csv file. Then take that csv file and 'import' it to your Gmail account online. Your Evo will automatically sync contacts from there. You will have to redo your caller ID photos and ringtones, but that's a small price to pay.

Joppie, bhtoque and reneeb like this.
  7. gatorchomp83

gatorchomp83 Active Member

In regards to BB being able to do it for you, it won't work unless the phone is able to stay on long enough for the transfer to be completed. If it will turn on but nothing will work (screen, keys, etc) it MAY work, but its likely to not.

reneeb likes this.
  8. reneeb

Yeah, I'm totally betting that it wont stay on long enough for the transfer. It's just constantly flickering on and off. I'm just hoping that maybe, just maybe, my Lotus will behave for 15 minutes so I can go through my contacts and handwrite them down if I have to. Anything will be better than having to start from scratch! Thanks everyone!!

Renee