• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts from Yahoo mail app not editable

BudDroid

Jan 14, 2011
Seagrove Beach FL
Like the title says...

That's a pain. I expect it's probably about sync issues.

So, if you use YContact to import Yahoo contacts, are those editable?

And, if you use YContact to import Yahoo contacts, does that break the Yahoo mail app? I'm assuming you can still access Yahoo mail through the standard Android mail app. No, I don't want to import my Yahoo contacts to GMail, nor do I want to switch to GMail.

Bump...

So, I've found that the Yahoo app can send mail to a contact that is in the list on the phone, but not in Yahoo.

It also pushes new contacts added through Yahoo mail on the PC down to the phone.

Both good.

But, I can't add a phone number to any contact originally added in Yahoo Mail on the PC (or the phone, I suspect, although I just thought of that one while typing this. So, there's a lot of double work and reconciling to do for folks who were both on my Yahoo Mail list and my old dumb phone.

Or so it appears. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones