contacts going haywire!Support

Last Updated:

1. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 30, 2010
    ok, I had all my contacts saved as PHONE, so I thought it would be a good idea to switch them all to GOOGLE so I could add them to my gmail. SO...I exported to SD card, saved them as PHONE bc they were all PHONE contacts. Then, I deleted ALL my contacts, although the fbook ones stayed but those are fine. Then, I went to import contacts from my card, imported them as GOOGLE, which worked. I did it and everything worked fine. But today I got a notification telling me too many contacts had been deleted and it gave me 3 options, delete all contacts like I originally wanted to, undo the delete, or do nothing, but the notification was bothering me so I chose delete all contacts, and it didn't do anything, then I tried undo, well now I have 3 of every contact in my people app. Also, when everything was fine, I tried saving a new contact and it was like 50/50 if it would work or not, I'm hoping to get this fixed tmrw so I don't have to scroll thru 800 contacts to find the right 1.

2. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    I had some crazy stuff going on with my contacts as well... I made the mistake of syncing to both my google apps and gmail account (which tend to have the exact same contacts). My goal/idea was that the phone could act as the central point keeping the two accounts in sync.

I ended up with 2 of everyone.

I don't remember exactly what I did, but one thing I ended up doing it deleting (via gmail) all my contacts so that my phone contacts would go away. I too tried just deleting them off the phone w/o much success, or only partial success.

I tried deleting my google apps account, which the phone didn't let me, same for gmail. (bit of a pita). I had turned syncing of contacts OFF for both accounts but the contacts remain on the phone.

Eventually I got them all off where my google apps and my phone showed ZERO contacts. THen I use to sync my gmail contacts back to my google apps account.

I'm now using as the 'connection' that keeps everything synced. I sync my gmail and google apps acount contacts (as connections in soocial) and then sync my phone to my google apps account.

Now I just have one set of contacts.

Not sure if this helps any, but it's my crazy contact story...