Contacts Help (New ?)

Last Updated:

1. Saraand

Saraand New Member This Topic's Starter

So I had a blackberry storm that died while doing a firmware update. It could not be fixed and no data or info can be retreived from the phone. I do have the blackberry desktop manager on my pc, so my question is this. Is there anyway I can recover / get my contacts from that to my new Droid replacement phone? I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Saraand

Saraand New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone???

3. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if you can set up a gmail account and import your contacts from the blackberry desktop manager on your pc. Then set up the gmail account on your phone and the contacts will be there. (I just looked and it shows how you can import contacts from an email account but not specifically from blackberry.)

4. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

5. King James

King James Active Member

google sync would be my first option, but if your phone is completely broken that won't work, Barbara and Jacqueline seem to also have good ideas that would work (given that you did sync with the desktop recently so all contacts are on computer)

6. MrDetermination

MrDetermination Member

Nobody wants to sync contacts with the cloud?

7. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

bb backup doesn't make a csv file so that won't work. my first suggestion would be to fix your storm. i really doubt it is permanently bricked.if you can catch me on here the same time as you i will try to help you unbrick your storm. another suggestion would be to borrow a BB from someone else. preferably one that is not being used but even if it is someones primary phone you can back it up,put your backup on it,sync with google,then restore their backup.

8. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

9. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

You have BB desktop manager, but have you ever created a backup of your blackberry? The backup file would have an extension of .ipd.

If you do have that backup file available you can use ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor to extract a .csv file of your contacts from it that can be imported into google.

edit: fixed typos