contacts help pleaseeSupport

Last Updated:

1. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i set up fb and my gmail. and now everyone i have freinds on fb is on my phone i just want my main friends how would i do that. the first droid had an option but i dont see that for the x

Advertisement
  2. xander66

xander66 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean by main friends but maybe this would be a good time to do some friends purging ;)

3. deekum1627

in the moto droid u were apple to sync ur fb with ur contacts or sync all of ur fb

4. deekum1627

i firgured it out lol i can show what ever caontacts i want it was set to all so i set it up to show just my friend on my gmail. you get what i was tring to do lol

5. RickB

RickB Active Member

I know exactly what you are talking about. I only want my contacts to consist of those from my work Outlook. But it has pulled in all my Facebook contacts which I don't want or need in there. When I go into Contacts and hit the option key, I click the "display group" and select my work Outlook group but it does not keep this as a default. It's a big hassle having to do this all the time. On my Incredible I was able to tell it to not sync Facebook contacts, etc. but it doesn't seem we can do that on the X.

I hope someone can make me stand corrected!

6. deekum1627

i know what ur saying i just figured that out. so not that i made it my gmail account ur saying it wont stay that way?

7. RickB

RickB Active Member

It seems to stay set to the selected group until you power off and reboot the X and then it goes back to "all" contacts. It's not the end of the world for me and I can deal with it but it sure would be nice to have the X just not pull the Facebook contact info at all. :cool:

8. RickB

RickB Active Member

My other gripe is that it sorts the contacts by first name. I am still trying to figure out if there is a way to change it to sort by last name. And also, when you access your contacts through the dialer, it yet again shows them all (Facebook, etc.) with no apparent way to filter it.

9. deekum1627

thats weird and kinda sucks lol. i hear your point it should be one way or the other

10. Carmen

Carmen Active Member

I can't figure this out either! I have my main Outlook contacts and that's who I want to see at first glance. Can't get it to stay as default. Wish I could figure this out.