Contacts in Favorites widgetSupport

Last Updated:

1. megapixle

megapixle Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have one GMail account synced to my EVO. When I open up 'People' all my contacts I added through GMail are there. Looks great.

However, when I go to the Favorites widget and click + to add a contact to the widget, I get a list of pretty much everyone I've ever sent an email to through my GMail account. I only want my real contacts to show up there, I don't need the dude listed there that I sold my blender to on Craigslist from 5 years ago.

Solutions?

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

open app drawer "phone" menu view...there should be a setting in there somewhere that you can uncheck show auto gmail

i am pretty sure that is how I got rid of all of those

3. megapixle

hmmm don't see anything there

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

On mine I open the shortcut app phone with the roladex card then press menu then press view and it is there. Are all of your apps up to date? Ie there was a new gmail released in the market last month.

5. megapixle

Okay I found the setting you're talking about but it didn't have any effect on the favorites widget.

6. megapixle

All these names & email addresses also show up in 'People' app when I try to add contacts to a group. I have literally hundreds of entries there from anybody I've ever sent an email to. Maybe there's a setting in GMail somewhere to get rid of them?

7. megapixle

aha found it. Apparantly GMail automatically adds a new contact when you send / receive an email from somebody. These were all stored in 'Other Contacts' in my GMail account. I whacked them from GMail and they disappeared from the lists.

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I am really hoping that gmail eventually gives us an option to disable that someday. All the other mail services I have used allow of/on of that feature