Contacts in People not showing in All when put into GroupsSupport

1. glen4cindy

glen4cindy Well-Known Member

Strange curious thing, but, in All Contacts, even in Google, the contacts I have in Groups like Family aren't showing. I have to actually go into that contact set to get them to show.

I would have thought that All Contacts, would have actually been ALL not SOME.

Is something wrong here, or am I just mis-informed?

Advertisement
  2. cameronandre

cameronandre New Member

I am having the same problem. I've removed the contacts from every group, then re-synced w/ GMail...but they still do not show up in my People list.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
  3. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Make sure that all contacts you want to view on your phone are also in the group My Contacts.

I periodically check gMail to make sure everyone in All Contacts is also in My Contacts.
  4. glen4cindy

Okay, I guess herein lies the problem.

I have a contact showing in Family that is not showing in My Contacts. How do I make it show in both? Do I have to manually add it to both? If so, that is not very efficient. It seems like when i added it in the first place it should have have had to have been added twice, once to Family and once to My Contacts, if that is in fact the case.

Tell me if i have this wrong.

Thanks,
  5. jimdroid

select all the contacts you want on your phone and assign them to My Contacts. You can do this all at once.

I want all my contacts on my phone, so I simply select All Contacts and then add them to the My Contacts group.

Whenever you add a contact to a group, and you want that contact on your phone, add it to the new group and My Contacts (which you can do at the same time).

If you don't want certain contacts to by synced to your phone, simply remove them from the My Contacts group.

Hope this helps,

jd
  6. glen4cindy

I don't see a group on my phone called My Contacts. I see a group called this in Google, it's off to the right, and it's also in a blank space above the named groups in the left side of the screen.

All contacts to the right shows 98, but, there is a number at the bottom that shows 255 which must include everything I have in Google, because when I look at that one, I see e-mail addresses that I have sent from Google.

So, I'm confused here. The only specific Groups I have are Family, Friends, Coworkers, Starred in Android, and VIP. Nothing that I see that says My Contacts.

Do I need to add this group?
  7. jimdroid

My Contacts can be found in the gmail app on your computer.
  8. djqwikcut

djqwikcut Well-Known Member

doesnt work for me.. Im syncing with EXCHANGE and I dont see all contacts when scrolling through.. I can however SEARCH and find the contact.. any ideas?
  9. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Moving thread to troubleshooting section. I have not experienced this issue, however, I do not use Microsoft Exchange either.

I suppose you could try exporting your contacts in GMail on the computer and then deleting them all. After you do that, import them back and see if they show up correctly after they sync with your handset.