Contacts In phone listGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Pakman

Pakman New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this question has already been answered but i have one little gripe with my phone. When i go to make a call and press the phone button i get a duplicate of all my phone numbers..ie sim and phone when i scroll thru the phone numbers , I dont want to delete the numbers off my sim and i have set the view to phone only.. can anyone tell me how i can get rid of this? thanks

Also why is my phone list showing 160 contacts when i go into the people app and view when i only have 80 in my sim..i only copied my sim to phone so have i somewhere duplicated them?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

There is no other way then to delete the contacts on the SIM.

But note: It's a bit difficult to write the contacts back to the SIM.

Harry

Pakman likes this.
  3. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Why don't you want to delete them off of your SIM? I'd guess for *backup* purposes. Why not just back them up on a computer?

Anyhow, when I got my DHD I had to use an old Nokia to delete all my SIM contacts. As has been said above *there doesn't seem to be a way* to do this on the DHD.

Dave

4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Hi Dave,

I did mean with " There is no other way then to delete the contacts on the SIM" to eliminate the double view in the phone book.

For delete the SIM contacts on the DHD there is an easy way to do it.

Harry

5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

The easy way deleting the SIM contacts on the DHD:

> People > Menu button > View > Untag all, only tag SIM > Done > Menu button > Delete > Menu button > Select all > Delete (xxx) ... voila :)

Harry

6. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

That'll explain why I didn't manage it the day I got my phone (first Android phone after many years of Nokia!). Didn't read the manual well enough .... :eek: As the spare phone was nearby I just swapped the SIM over ...

Ta for info. though.

Dave

7. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You're welcome :)
    And I think the trick to delete all SIM contacts at once can't to be found in the manual at all ;)

Harry