Contacts Issue (Duplicates...sort of)

Last Updated:

1. yokevreid

yokevreid Member This Topic's Starter

Im having an issue with my contacts, its very frustrating.

When i got my moto droid, i had the blackberry tour so i used google sync and got all my contact info on there. then when i put in my gmail user info on the droid it gave me everything, but i think the rep at verizon also put my information on the phone, so now when you go into a contact, itll look normal, but then when you go to edit it, you see a tab saying Google Contact from <my email> all the info, then below that theres a duplicate tab saying the same exact thing. sometimes theres up to three its very irritating. sometimes in an app if it pulls up my contacts ill have doubles of everyone. im a very particular person. i can delete the information but the tabs still remain. has anyone else had this problem and or a solution? please help!

Advertisement
  2. brad03

brad03 Member

Hello, I just checked into this on my contacts. I found one that I had multiples on. If you are really seeing two from Gmail that means you do in fact have them listed twice on your Gmail account.

To fix this, log into your Gmail account on the computer, go to your contacts, then go to "All Contacts."

In here you will find the duplicates, I manually added what information one entry had to the other, then deleted entry without all the information I had for that contact. Went back to my phone, resynced, and it was fixed on my phone.

I'll look more into this and see if I can find a merge option within Gmail so you don't have to manually do this for every contact you have the problem on.

3. brad03

brad03 Member

Ok, it is extremely simple to merge two contacts. Just check the contacts you wish to merge, then on the right panel, just select the merge option.

This should fix your problem.

4. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

Every single contact in my gmail is duplicated.

5. yokevreid

yokevreid Member This Topic's Starter

thank you so much brad03, perfect solution. i dont know why i didnt try it before! thank you so much. my OCD is complete.

6. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I have a similar problem that I posted about.... yours can be fixed as above I think. The question I asked in my post, is, is the contact data stored locally either on the phone or SD card as a backup? I deleted all my dupes once already and they seem to have come back (thanks Verizon rep - moron).