Contacts IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. millhouse513

millhouse513 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I purchased the Captivate on Friday and have been trying to centralize my contacts between work and gmail. One one contact (my wife ironically) my phone absolutely refuses to insert "1+<area code>" before her number when trying to send text messages to her. The result is that when I select her name to send a text message to, it inserts only the 7 digits of her phone number and not the full 10 which results in AT&T telling me I cannot send the text message because it wasn't properly formatted and I need to include the remaining digits.

Her's is the ONLY contact I'm having issues with. I've tried everything I can think of short of doing a full reset on the phone! I've deleted her from my gmail and on the phone and readded her. Each time, it doesn't want to change how it acts when selecting her number for sending a text message. I found that it's keyed on her actual number as I can change her number to something else, and it properly adds the "1+<area code>" to the number.

Is there anyway I can force a complete resync of my phone numbers without having to do a reset on the phone?

Advertisement
  2. Bluexeclipse

Bluexeclipse New Member

Im having this same issuse, and of course theres no responces.