• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts issue.

zobie02

Mar 26, 2010
Sweden
Hey Folks,

I am sure this has been discussed before, but I went through several pages but didnt find anything.

On my Droid Incredible, it took my contacts from gmail just like it should, but after I synced it with the facebook app it only sync some of them. I have 250 contacts and it only took about 50 from facebook. The name and everything is the same as the facebook name of my contacts.

When I had the motorola Droid, it took the contacts from gmail, and it synced virtually all of them, but it is not doing so on my Incredible? Whats the deal with that. I really don't feel like manually syncing 200 contacts. It does always recommend the correct person, but I don't understand why most of them are not syncing, especially since it did with my Moto Droid.

Help anyone? Thanks!

I had the same issue with a few contacts. I had to manually go into the contact, click the link icon, then link them up with their Facebook profiles.

Though the ones that had the problem were ones where the names were slightly different (using middle name on Facebook), or Exchange contacts that were sorted by Last Name, First Name instead of just First Name Last Name.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. The thing is that the names are exactly the same, and all those automatically synced on the moto droid. 200 contacts are way to many to manually sync, plus, I really want to know why it's doing this!

It is a little quirky. I had a couple odd problems, like email addresses that were wrong or the names would be the same, but I'd have to sync them manually. In one case I had a problem and realized it was because their Facebook phone number and email address were different from what I had for them in my Google contacts. There is more than one John Smith.

I probably had to link 20 contacts out of my 130-150, though not all of them had to be linked, either. I'm hoping that this endless cycle of syncing will eventually result in one huge ID that I can use everywhere, to make this much simpler. AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, Yelp, StumbleUpon, Twitter, Facebook, Google..... UGH, how wish they could all just be the same all the time. =(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones