Contacts issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. harrispo

harrispo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to sort contacts by last name? I've checked Google and nothing seemed useful

Is there any app or any fix?

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

well it can search by name first or last name in either order, itll will mix if you are not specific enough

in contacts hold down the menu key for 2 seconds and the keyboard will pop up

type in the required name by first or last and it should bring it up as it did for me

3. harrispo

harrispo Active Member This Topic's Starter

That's a workaround more than a fix, but it does help a little bit. It's not really an issue though, it's more to satisfy my OCD regarding such matters

4. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

you cant sort b last name but can search by last name which would be just as quick.
    no way of doing what you want as far as i can see

5. pegasus21

pegasus21 Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, it's inherently a technical problem with how the names are being stored in the database on the phone and on google's server. There is only 1 name field.

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

The new and (coming) google search widget will pull up all your contact that match say "jones", "smith" "doe" along with possible businesses from the web ...

It is very powerful ... am enjoying it on my rooted G1 ... as part of the coming 1.6 OS

7. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

is there anyone having problems when syncing phone contacts with Google??? I did it several times seamlessly, but I cannot do it today, there's some kind of problem. I can sync with Gmail and Calendar though.
    I installed QuickDial and Contacts Blast yesterday (I uninstalled the later but the problem persists).
    Server issue or my phones'?