Contacts Lacking SubstanceSupport

Last Updated:

1. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In regards to the "CONTACTS", or rather the Phone Book, I have a question. Currently when I need to place a significant date on a Contact, I am NOT able to do so. I must switch over to the Calendar app and place the date and significance in this app. However, unless you know every contacts significant in your contact or phone book app, this is not really a fix. It is a simple band aid. Has anyone figured out a way to add a date field (or any fields for that matter), within the contact app on the x10? I know the field is possible, because the field and data is on the contact in Gmail. However, when the x10 and gmail sync, the dates are omitted from the phone since there is NO corresponding field on it.

So, how can this be fixed? Any ideas??? Or is this a 1.6 issue and it is resolved in 2.1? I guess a real quick answer would be for the folks with 2.1 to check a contact on their phone and see if it is there. Or add a NEW contact and see if the field is presented. So, who can shine the light in this dark tunnel? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. KTP

KTP Well-Known Member

you can add a custom field when editing/creating a contact but i dont know if this would be any good for what you are asking.

3. gunny5821

A "CUSTOM" field. How are you accomplishing this? I do not have any option on my x10a that even suggests a "Custom" field. I can select a couple of predetermined "Other" fields, which do not resolve the issue, but not what you are referring to. Can you provide the steps you are taking to accomplish this..... Thanks!

4. KTP

KTP Well-Known Member

i had a better look at it and your right, it isnt a custom field, just said 'other' and allows you to add a note.
    so clearly this isnt the answer you are looking for.

5. gunny5821

No sweat, I thought you found a secret combo of keys to generate the custom fields you were referring to. Oh well... Thanks anyway!

6. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

If you are talking about birthdays and anniversary type dates, then I use Google contacts and add them there. Then on my google calendar I have an add on calendar called contacts birthdays and events and this then puts them onto my phone calendar, altho I don't use the stock app cos its ugly! I prefer Jorte and set it up to sync with google. You can set up reminders I think, altho I haven't... just the fact that they are there visually helps.

In a show us your homescreen thread I also saw an app called EboBirthday which you can sync with google too and that gives you a widget on screen to remind you about birthdays and how many days until etc.