Contacts last name first

Last Updated:

1. johnnybirdman

johnnybirdman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone figure out how to change the contact view to show Last name, first name instead of the standard First Last name.
    J.

Advertisement
  2. ginigma

ginigma Well-Known Member

Nope.
    I re-did all my contacts in Gmail as Last, First format so when it sync'd the first time that's how it would be. And now I know whenever I add a contact, that's how I'll enter it.

3. Agrajag

Agrajag Well-Known Member

The problem here is that if they have a Facebook contact (I have a Droid) then it gets confused and you end up with Robert Jones and Jones, Robert.

Total stupidity if you ask me. Many other apps allow a simple option to set Display order.

4. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

Export your google contacts, use a regular expression to fix them, then set your facebook not to sync contacts.

If you don't know what a regular expression is (most probably won't) then you have to do it manually but its easier to export things to a .csv and edit there then reimport and reassign contact photos that you have.

The photo part was the only thing that took any real time. But with around 1500 contacts I was glad I didn't have to edit all the names by hand.

5. Headsong

Headsong Well-Known Member

Takephone. Should work like a charm.