Contacts: Last name sort w/ Froyo?Support

Last Updated:

1. smackboy1

smackboy1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just received the OTA Android 2.2 upgrade. It's mentioned on the web that one of the improvements is the ability to sort contacts by first or last name. But I cannot seem to find this option as described here

Sort your contacts | Android Central

There is no "Display Options" button. Does anybody have this?

Advertisement
  2. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

no go on mine either.

3. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I think that is for the "stock" Android 2.2 contacts app. We have the HTC Sense People App. I don't see a way to sort by last name either.

4. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

The only way i know of doing it, is by going in to each contact and selecting how you want to see their name. but that is rather time consuming and annoying.

5. flevy

flevy Active Member

This problem is a big pain in the butt. Somehow, the Froyo OTA for my Incredible flipped all my contacts to alphabetize by first name rather than last name. I tried reinstalling My Exchange Active/Sync account (where contacts are listed by last name) but the reinstalled account still lists contacts by first name in my Incredible. When I wrote HTC for help, they said that they truly felt my pain but told me what rcrott1 said above - I have to go through the contacts one by one and change how I want to see the name indexed.

So far, the rest of Froyo looks fine - speedier, better battery life - but this contact glitch is a real heart-burner.