contacts - link to twitter?

Last Updated:

1. eske

eske Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

guys,
    is there a way to link a contact to twitter in the same way you can link to their facebook or flickr feeds?

i had it in my mind that by going to contact you'd see their last few tweets

cheers eske

Advertisement
  2. chicgeek

chicgeek Active Member

I'd love to know this as well, just had the same thought today.

3. markmullery

markmullery New Member

Glad I found this, was wondering about it all week, hopefully someone knows... I don't mind if it's not possible, I just don't want to be missing out on some handy functionality!

4. hocturnalsoul

hocturnalsoul Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this isnt possible yet as all you can link is Facebook and Flickr. Maybe something to add to FroYo?

5. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

It's possible yes, when using the official Twitter app.

Go into setting for the app and then Sync Contacts and choose 'Sync with exising contacts'

Go into your People, find the person and press link, then under 'Add contact' press 'All contacts' and all your Twitter contacts should be in the list! :)

6. LoayBal

LoayBal Active Member

yeah it is possible, I've linked facebook, google, and twitter accounts of many of my friends in the phone book. it's amazing!

7. chicgeek

chicgeek Active Member

Yes, with the launch of Twitter I tried this, but it didn't show recent tweets in the updates section of the linked contact. Fail. (Either by me or the system, I'm still not sure.)

8. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

When I do this, either sync existing or sync all, the Linked > Add contact > All contacts list only displays my Google contacts and nothing else, no Twitter, no Facebook, just Google.

Is it me or are there quite a few problems with various apps' integration on the Desire.

9. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

Bearing in mind it works for me I'd say there must be something wrong with your settings.

Do you have your sync options enabled for the two services?

10. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I checked all the usual sync settings and it sill doesn't add anything to my People app. My Twitter for Android has got other problems too, so perhaps it's all related, but no amount of reboots or singing out and back in to my account makes any difference.