• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts list in Wildfire - Separation of numbers for same contact?

hayleyh5

Lurker
Dec 28, 2010
Hi eveyone, thanks for reading. I have just got a new HTC Wildfire. I am absolutely loving it but I've got little niggle(s), that I hope someone can help me figure out.
Basically - I imported the contacts from my old phone and my facebook contacts. I have linked facebook to existing contacts where applicable, to get the profile pics etc.
When I go to choose recipients for a text message, there is this massive list of people who all belong to my facebook friends, but many of whom do not have phone numbers and I dont want their details in my phone anyway.

I decided I'm happy to just see the facebook feed so I de-selected "sync facebook contacts", which now only shows the original contacts I had within my old phone list.

But, when I go to choose a recipient for a message, instead of listing the contacts by name (even if they have multiple contact details, as in the "People" menu), there are still multiple entries for each person, with each entry showing a different contact detail for that person (home number, mobile number, email etc). Why does it do this? Anyone know how to rationalise them so all the numbers are under one name and it just uses the primary number for messaging?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones