Contacts lost/not being shown after upgrade to android 2.1. Can some1 helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. shaan_cena

shaan_cena New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have upgraded my OS from 1.6 to 2.1 today using the PC companion.
    As suggested, I have taken the backup using the backup & restore app.

After, the phone got upgraded, I could find only facebook contacts in my list.
    then i went to View options and played around with all the check boxes and i could view the contacts.

how ever, i could see each contact having the numbers multiple times inside it.
    so, I deleted the contacts and tried to restore them again.

the restore was successful. i can see the contacts in my favorites list. when i dial/receive calls, i can still see the contact name.

but, the contacts are not being shown in the list. i know this is a weird problem. but, some please help me, how to figure this out.

Thanks,
    Shravan

Advertisement
  2. Degze

Degze New Member

hi, have you tried on the contacts page- hit menu, import contacts, now select either SIM card or Memory card?
    hope this helps as when i updated and restored from backup/restore everything was great but no contacts and no names against my txt messagae untill i imported contacts from my SIm card.

shaan_cena likes this.
  3. undies

undies Member

I have all my contacts in gmail, after the 2.1 update it just sync again with the x10. Worth the effort getting them in gmail.

4. shaan_cena

I have tried that option. it tried to search for vCard, and says nothing found.
    :(

5. D3sRtH4mmR

D3sRtH4mmR Well-Known Member

Did you backup your contacts? If you did they should be on the sd card at sd/system/PIM.

Try looking there. But if you never backed them up and didn't sync with Gmail then I doubt you're getting them back.

shaan_cena likes this.
  6. shaan_cena

Hi,

i went to sdcard/system/

after this i do not have any files inside it. used Astro file manager.

7. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. after my initial 2.1 upgrade it was fine, all contacts were found (but 3) and restored, but yesterday i did a reset and i did backups before (to SD and Memory card) and now i only found 3 of all my 70 contacts...

8. T0rched

T0rched Member

9. shaan_cena

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble.

though I have used only Backup and Restore app, I really am not sure how my contacts have "become" google contacts.

They appeared only when I checked "show google contacts". Never knew when google synced all my contacts.+ve or -ve? not sure...

but new phone book, new OS 2.1 everything sucks...
    i wish i could get back to 1.6 donut.

Shravan