Support Contacts lost/not being shown after upgrade to android 2.1. Can some1 help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shaan_cena, Nov 17, 2010.

1. shaan_cena

shaan_cena New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Hi,

I have upgraded my OS from 1.6 to 2.1 today using the PC companion.
    As suggested, I have taken the backup using the backup & restore app.

After, the phone got upgraded, I could find only facebook contacts in my list.
    then i went to View options and played around with all the check boxes and i could view the contacts.

how ever, i could see each contact having the numbers multiple times inside it.
    so, I deleted the contacts and tried to restore them again.

the restore was successful. i can see the contacts in my favorites list. when i dial/receive calls, i can still see the contact name.

but, the contacts are not being shown in the list. i know this is a weird problem. but, some please help me, how to figure this out.

Thanks,
    Shravan

Advertisement

2. Degze

Degze New Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Dundee Scotland
    hi, have you tried on the contacts page- hit menu, import contacts, now select either SIM card or Memory card?
    hope this helps as when i updated and restored from backup/restore everything was great but no contacts and no names against my txt messagae untill i imported contacts from my SIm card.

shaan_cena likes this.
  3. undies

undies Member

Jul 12, 2010
    UK
    I have all my contacts in gmail, after the 2.1 update it just sync again with the x10. Worth the effort getting them in gmail.

4. shaan_cena

shaan_cena New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    I have tried that option. it tried to search for vCard, and says nothing found.
    :(

5. D3sRtH4mmR

D3sRtH4mmR Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Did you backup your contacts? If you did they should be on the sd card at sd/system/PIM.

Try looking there. But if you never backed them up and didn't sync with Gmail then I doubt you're getting them back.

shaan_cena likes this.
  6. shaan_cena

shaan_cena New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Hi,

i went to sdcard/system/

after this i do not have any files inside it. used Astro file manager.

7. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Male
    IT consultant
    Montreal
    Same thing happened to me. after my initial 2.1 upgrade it was fine, all contacts were found (but 3) and restored, but yesterday i did a reset and i did backups before (to SD and Memory card) and now i only found 3 of all my 70 contacts...

8. T0rched

T0rched Member

Nov 14, 2010
  9. shaan_cena

shaan_cena New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble.

though I have used only Backup and Restore app, I really am not sure how my contacts have "become" google contacts.

They appeared only when I checked "show google contacts". Never knew when google synced all my contacts.+ve or -ve? not sure...

but new phone book, new OS 2.1 everything sucks...
    i wish i could get back to 1.6 donut.

Shravan