• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contacts lost?

bahookie

Lurker
Jun 3, 2012
Hello everyone.
I'm new and know very very little so please be gentle with me.

I had a HTC Desire S which was a work phone.
I lost that job last week and had to mail my phone back to the office.
Because I didn't have a new phone at that point, I just mounted the phone as a disk drive and copied its entire contents onto my laptop.

Is there a way to extract all my contacts from where ever they are on my laptop and get them onto the Samsung phone I have now?

When I did it I figured all that information must be in there somewhere, and I'm hopeful I can extract it for my new phone.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Jane
:)

Assuming that what you copied was the contents of the SD card, unless you saved your contacts to your Google account or deliberately saved a backup to SD, they may be gone with the phone.

Contacts are not automatically saved to the SD card. They are saved, depending on your choice, to the SIM card (if the phone uses one) the internal phone memory or your Google account. If you saved them to the SIM you need that SIM, if to the phone memory they are gone (without a backup), if to your Google account you can simply download them to a new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones