Contacts Manager App ?Tips

1. ChTidio

ChTidio Active Member

Does anyone have a recommendation for a contacts manager app to replace the stock one? One that allows font modifications. I need something I can read :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

ChTidio likes this.
  3. ChTidio

ChTidio Active Member

Thanks, that's pretty good. I also need to find an app that will allow me to transfer my contacts to my PC to clean them up (much easier to do all that on a PC), and ther transfer them back. Any ideas?
  4. EarlyMon

Sure - make sure your contacts on the google cloud.

Login to your Gmail account on the web, left panel - Contacts, then button at top for More Actions. From there, choose Export to a csv or vcard file format to your choosing.

Make a backup first of that file, then do surgery on your PC.

Go back to google Contacts - delete all. Now - More Actions - Import the final stuff.

If there's bugs, delete all, restore your backup file via Import, repeat until happy.

Did mine in no time flat that way.
    ChTidio likes this.
  5. ChTidio

ChTidio Active Member

Thanks, that's do exactly what I'm looking for. One last question, how does syncing work? In other words, if I have Contacts List A on the phone (which is automatically updated on Google, I presume), download it from google, modify it into contacts List B and then delete the old one and import B into google, what ends up on the phone?

Is A on the phone replaced by B (from google) ?
    Are A and B merged?

That happens automatically, since I have the google "synch contacts" turned on, right?

I am asking because i want the "clean" list to become the contacts list on the phone and I looked through the user manual but didn't find any details.
  6. EarlyMon

Right, to be safe prior to upload, People,menu, delete, menu, select all, delete on the phone.
    ChTidio likes this.