Contacts Mayhem!Support

Last Updated:

1. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ill try to make this as simple as possible. Basically when i had a eris, i could add a contact to the PHONE, or to my GOOGLE account. You would obviously add it to your GOOGLE account so if you got a new phone or such you could sync all your contacts back down to it.

So i got the DroidX and i synced all my contacts in. I then setup facebook ad it threw the contacts it. Now some contacts had names. Thats fine, i just used the LINK TO feature. After that, the problem was when they updated their facebook picture, it wouldnt update on my phone. I tried SyncMyPix, but that seems to only update contacts pictures that are on the phone. I know this because i unlinked a phone contact and a facebook from each other and it showed the old profile pic on the facebook account, and the new picture SyncMyPix grabbed on the phone contact.

Basically im asking if anyone know of this glitch, and or a better way to go about it. I thought of just doing my facebook sync to bring all the contacts in. Since all my friends i need would be brought in that way anyway, but im stuck with the problem of widgets like LP messaging widget not showing contact names but only numbers because i guess it cant read the facebook contact correct to correlate a number to a name.

Advertisement
  2. mlclm

mlclm Well-Known Member

Have you tried restarting your phone? Or removing and adding your facebook account?

3. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yep, both.