• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts mess

vtortola

Lurker
Apr 18, 2010
Hi, I just got my first Android (2.1) device, and I'm a little confused with the contact list. First, my Gmail contacts, Facebook contacts and SIM contacts appears all togheter! how may I disable that? I have hundreds of contacts in Facebook and Gmail, but I don't want them in my contact list :(, at least not togheter! I'd like to disable them or put them in a separate directory. Now the contact lists is huge... and it's very difficult to find a concrete one. In the other hand, I've installed Fring ... and in the contact list appears my Gmail and Facebook contacts, but no my SIM ones xD just the opposite to what I want. how can I point Fring to my phone contacts? Cheers.

Reactions: raymondaecom
Hi, I just got my first Android (2.1) device, and I'm a little confused with the contact list. First, my Gmail contacts, Facebook contacts and SIM contacts appears all togheter! how may I disable that? I have hundreds of contacts in Facebook and Gmail, but I don't want them in my contact list :(, at least not togheter! I'd like to disable them or put them in a separate directory. Now the contact lists is huge... and it's very difficult to find a concrete one. In the other hand, I've installed Fring ... and in the contact list appears my Gmail and Facebook contacts, but no my SIM ones xD just the opposite to what I want. how can I point Fring to my phone contacts? Cheers.

You got an HTC Sense phone right?

In any Android phone, you can disable and filter the views. For example, uncheck the Google, Facebook and whatever account, and make sure the check box with the display contacts with phone numbers only are checked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones