1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Contacts, Nightmare

Last Updated:

1. jdubin

jdubin New Member This Topic's Starter

Argh. I started out exporting the contacts from my VX9900 via BitPim to a csv file. That was imported into my Droid, which is NOT syncing the contacts with any gmail account (and I'd like it to stay that way). I've made changes and additions along the way, naturally. So, I'm now adding an Exchange account. I want the contacts that are already on the Droid to get imported into Exchange. Problem: I export a vcf from the Droid, but Outlook only imports the first record. So... are there any simple and free ways to do this, without involving gmail?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

But Gmail IS your solution. Why don't you want to use it? ... if you don't mind me asking.

3. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

Why don't you set up your Droid to sync with Gmail under a new group, export that group to Outlook, then delete all the contacts under that group?

4. jdubin

jdubin New Member This Topic's Starter

I ended up exporting from the phone to a vcf file, and then importing that file back into the phone, using the exchange account as the destination. The only problem: many records have phone numbers categorized as "unknown" (versus Mobile, Home, etc.). This is likely due to how the contacts were originally imported via BitPim.