• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts, Nightmare

jdubin

Lurker
Feb 4, 2010
Argh. I started out exporting the contacts from my VX9900 via BitPim to a csv file. That was imported into my Droid, which is NOT syncing the contacts with any gmail account (and I'd like it to stay that way). I've made changes and additions along the way, naturally. So, I'm now adding an Exchange account. I want the contacts that are already on the Droid to get imported into Exchange. Problem: I export a vcf from the Droid, but Outlook only imports the first record. So... are there any simple and free ways to do this, without involving gmail?

Thanks!

I ended up exporting from the phone to a vcf file, and then importing that file back into the phone, using the exchange account as the destination. The only problem: many records have phone numbers categorized as "unknown" (versus Mobile, Home, etc.). This is likely due to how the contacts were originally imported via BitPim.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones