Contacts not syncing correctly after reset!Support

Last Updated:

1. Droid212

Droid212 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So, I just recently restored my Droid to factory settings because I didn't want to use the Google account that the Verizon employee created for me because I created another one that I am going to use. However, I didn't want to lose all of my contacts and applications, so I used MyBackup before I restored. So, I restored and then recovered all of my data using MyBackup, but before it restored my contacts, it said that I had to disable Google Sync in order for it to work properly. OK, no problem. So, I disable syncing and background sync and restored my contacts. However, nothing happened when I restarted my Droid. So, I added my contacts back manually and synced them over to the Droid. However, now whenever I go into Settings/Accounts & Sync, it always says "Sync error" under my Gmail account and when I click on it, there is an error symbol next to "Sync Contacts" and a message at the bottom saying, "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, When I try to turn off and then turn back on Google Sync, there is a strange repeating cycle where it will saying that it is syncing, and then quickly flash to syncing fail, and back to syncing.

Thank you so much for the help in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I posted about this yesterday...well, my contacts not syncing. I hadn't done a reset or changed my account but am still getting the same message. They do seem to be syncing though, just taking forever to do it.
    I called Verizon CS and was told "there are outages all over" and to give it time, it should be back up at some point.

3. Droid212

Droid212 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for replying. I actually just restored again and now it seems to be working properly.

Thanks anyway!