Contacts number changing to 44xxxxxxxxxx when syncing with facebook. SOLOUTIONSupport

Last Updated:

1. cfc3867

cfc3867 New Member This Topic's Starter

EDIT - I found this out by spending ages fiddling with it, peope may already know how to do it this way, im not claiming to be the founder :)

This is one of the first problems i encountered when i used HTC Sense to Sync my contacts with facebook.

This is what it was like before i synced with facebook.

Eg.

Georgia Bowman

Call mobile.
    07xxxxxxxxx

Send message.
    07xxxxxxxxx

After Syncing, there DP is up, aswell as email adress etc. It also changed the number to

44xxxxxxxxxx

Ive found a soloution.

1. Go to a contact with the 44xxxxxxxxxx number. Ensure the contact is still linked to facebook
    2. Menu > Edit
    3. This brings up the Edit screen
    4. Scroll down, Then add.
    5. On the Drop down, select Phone > Work
    6. Now, providing you only had one number for that person, you should have two fields. One called Mobile with their number this format 07xxxxxxxxx. (If its in the +44xxxxxxxxx format, then change it to the 07xxxxxxxxx format)
    7. Press on the top field (the original one), then copy all.
    8. Select the field called work, then press on the field, hold, and paste.
    9. Now press Menu > Save.
    10. Now press and HOLD the field called Call work, and set this as your primary number.
    11. Once primary number is on the field called call work, you can now go to Menu > Edit.
    12. Now delete the Field labeled Mobile
    13. Go to the field called work, then change the label to Mobile.
    14. Menu > Save.
    This will now stay as your contacts primary number.

Eg. Georgia Bowman

Georgia Bowman

Call mobile.
    07xxxxxxxxx

Send message.
    07xxxxxxxxx

Instead of having 44xxxxxxxxx

Hope this was helpful! Post virginity gone!

Connor :)

Advertisement
    Karen83 likes this.
  2. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

But why bother? +44 is just the UK dial code. While you are in the UK it's just the same as 0

You'll only have to change it back when you are out of the country

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The whole issue is it's missing the + so the number starts just with 44, which will not work. It needs to be +44 or 0044 to work.

4. Steve_Price

Steve_Price New Member

All my contacts begin +44 (the UK ones anyway) and they dial fine, but connected to my Parrot CK3100, the number that is dialed is 44xxxx. Not sure if it's a Parrot or an Android problem. It used to work with Android 1.6, doesn't with 2.1 (Dell Streak).

5. Karen83

Karen83 New Member

Connor,
    Thanks so much for posting this! Had been having bother texting certain people and had concluded it was something do with synching facebook connections and the lack of 0 or +, since I had been able to text people before I synched everything. After synching, when texting my brother and a good friend I was getting so frustrated at being told the message had failed to send! I kept getting network messages to say I'd sent a message to an invalid number! I couldn't figure a way to get numbers to stay as +44 etc when simply editing or whatever I tried. Ended up having to remove facebook so I could text everyone (there was 2, atleast I couldn't text because of how facebook changed the number) which defeated the point of having the htc phone! What a simple but effective soloution to a problem that was bugging the life out of me and putting me off a phone I had liked until then! Now its solved! I'm so pleased! Cheers! I'd buy you a pint if I could!
    :)