• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contacts on phone not syncing to gmail

drumtrucker

Nov 11, 2009
in my big-truck
bought Droid Monday night and the guy at store was able to transfer my contacts from my Palm 700p. However, the contacts are not showing up on Google.

If I make new ones on either phone or website, they sync. What the heck? I saw a thread that says it can take a couple of days, which makes no sense, but it's been a couple of days.

So I did the solution (ha) in this thread involving reset. Used MyBackup first and only restored my Apps (apps and data are separate b/ups) and synced w/google (where I had uploaded as you said) and now my contacts are fairly squared away. MyBackup restored almost all my apps (ringdroid did not) and I have to redo my homepage, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...h-droid-contacts-back-gmails-my-contacts.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones