contacts on phone not syncing to gmail

Last Updated:

1. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

bought Droid Monday night and the guy at store was able to transfer my contacts from my Palm 700p. However, the contacts are not showing up on Google.

If I make new ones on either phone or website, they sync. What the heck? I saw a thread that says it can take a couple of days, which makes no sense, but it's been a couple of days.

Advertisement
  2. drumtrucker

more info, i have noticed that if I go in to edit a contact that was moved onto phone at store, at the top it says "phone only, not synced".
    I wonder if there is anyway to change the status of all these entries to get them to sync.

MOD: if this is wrong forum, please move

3. rslaurie

rslaurie New Member

I had the same problem.

I don't know if this is the best/easiest way. I exported the list from the phone to a file. Copied it to my laptop Thru the usb connection, and then imported into Gmail. They are syncing fine now.

4. drumtrucker

did they DOUBLE UP? that's what i am afraid of doing it that way.

5. drumtrucker

Yep, they all doubled up, meaning if you edit a contact, there is a Google contact 'sheet' at top and if you scroll down, there is a 'phone only, not synced' sheet. Crap.

6. drumtrucker

So I did the solution (ha) in this thread involving reset. Used MyBackup first and only restored my Apps (apps and data are separate b/ups) and synced w/google (where I had uploaded as you said) and now my contacts are fairly squared away. MyBackup restored almost all my apps (ringdroid did not) and I have to redo my homepage, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...h-droid-contacts-back-gmails-my-contacts.html

7. rslaurie

rslaurie New Member

No, mine did not double up. Sorry you had that problem. Is my backup in the marketplace? That could be a handy tool to have.

8. The HITMAN

The HITMAN Well-Known Member

Mine doubled up and then inexplicably fixed itself a day later... I was, like, so, mega crazy happy!