contacts only showing in messaging. Help

Last Updated:

1. nodnarb123

nodnarb123 New Member This Topic's Starter

My contacts are only showing in my messaging but not under people. when I go to create a new message it has all my contacts but not when I go into my "people" app. Im guessing my messaging app is finding them on my phone somewhere but my people app isn't. Any suggestions??

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

are you sure the messaging app isn't just picking up people from facebook? you sure you sync'ed people to your phone?

If you open "People" and then hit "menu" there is a "view" option. Click that, make sure you have your contacts checkmarked on the right.

nodnarb123 likes this.
  3. nodnarb123

ha ha i was being dumb. I saw that a billion times but passed it by. Thanks

4. nodnarb123

Hey.... now I have multiple contacts. double of evry contact and its listed only once on google. any suggestions?

5. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

are they identical duplicates? Or, have you not "linked" to the Facebook contacts?

What I mean is: is there a Donald Trump that exists in your phone contacts, and then a Donald Trump in your facebook contacts? If you "marry" them, they should only show up once.

6. heppug

heppug New Member

I am having ther same problem. Ever since the last Android OS upgrade I have SOME contact that are only showing in messaging once I start typing the name or number but the are not in "People". "People" is set to display all contacts and all contact sources (gmail & ATT) are sync'd. I do not have a facebook account and the app is disabled. Any ideas?