Contacts over bluetooth?Support

Last Updated:

1. tomva1

tomva1 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all-

I've just got an Evo 4G and I'm learning to use it.

I paired it with my car's hands-free set over Bluetooth, and transferred contacts. Normally (previous phones) all of the contacts in the phone are copied over to the car.

I paired the Evo with my car just fine, and then transferred contacts. Something weird happened there. It looks like the Evo transferred over all of my Facebook contacts but none of my phone contacts (!).

Is there a way to control what contacts do and do not get copied via Bluetooth? I really don't want all of my Facebook friends listed on my car (too many to scroll through) and at the moment none of the most important numbers are there.

-Thomas

Advertisement
  2. Syph

Syph Member

Havent tried this, but maybe it would work. On the phone:

- Go to the "People" app.
    - Hit "Menu" then "View"
    - Uncheck "Facebook for HTC Sense"
    - Retransfer the contact to that head unit.

I have a problem with my car stereo. It reads my contacts off of the phone (no transfer necessary) but they're not in alphabetical order. I have no idea what order they're in. I know that the first 20 or so entries say "No Name".

The stereo I have is a JVC KD-R900

tomva1 likes this.
  3. tomva1

tomva1 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that's probably it! You're right: all the contacts it copied were from Facebook. It didn't copy any of my Exchange contacts, which is what I wanted.

I'll try this tomorrow...