Contacts - Picture Source?Support

Last Updated:

1. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I added my Gmail account and it synced my contacts. I also added my Facebook account, and I like the integration the phone shows when I look at contacts (I can see info from both my Gmail and Facebook accounts for contacts that are synced).

However, it appears that the contact photo is only using pictures from Facebook, even though I have photos in my Gmail contacts account. I see a menu option for Picture Source, but it only shows Facebook, not Gmail/Google.

Is there a way to force it to use Gmail/Google for my contract picture source without removing my Facebook account?

Advertisement
  2. Travisimo

bumpty bumpty

Anyone?

3. jangatang

jangatang Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure this out since the first day i got my X, but no one knows..
    i wanted to do it so even though i sync fb contacts to my phone contacts, i can still use my own pics as caller id and give them nicknames, but once synced, the name and picture changes on its own and it can't manually be changed back.. very very frustrating. Please let me know if you figure out how to fix this!

4. jangatang

jangatang Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure this out since the first day i got my X, but no one knows..
    i wanted to do it so even though i sync fb contacts to my phone contacts, i can still use my own pics as caller id and give them nicknames, but once synced, the name and picture changes on its own and it can't manually be changed back.. very very frustrating. Please let me know if you figure out how to fix this!

5. Travisimo

There's one thing I found that you can do. You can unlink the Google contact from the Facebook contact. If they are linked, it automatically uses the Facebook photo, but if you unlink them, you can then see the Google contact with it's own photo and the FB contact with its own photo. Of course, this means they are no longer integrated and you have duplicate contacts, but at least it can be done. Ideally, the settings screen should let you choose between photos.

6. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

There's a few threads on about this topic already. :)

7. gadgetgeek12

gadgetgeek12 New Member

Simply uninstall your google account and then reinstall it and it should ask you if you would like to use the gmail account for the pictures