• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts problem on Android 2.0

zachlr

Lurker
Nov 20, 2009
Hi,
I've had the Motorola Droid for two days now, and I'm so far very happy with it. I set up my Google and Facebook accounts to sync with my contacts list. All of my Facebook friends show up as contacts in the main Contacts area. That's good and all, but after adding several contacts (Contacts > Menu > Add Contact), and waiting a day, my Facebook contacts were still the only ones showing. I tried adding all of my contacts again, but no luck. Then, I tried making a Direct Dial shortcut on the homescreen. Asking me which contact to assign, Android presented me with the list of Contacts I created last night, and none of the Facebook contacts. I decided to search my contacts list (Contacts > Seach Button), for the name of one of the contacts I had added the night before. After pressing the Search button, Android took me to the contact. Wait a minute, how did it find a contact that wasn't in the list? If that's not enough, calls in the Call Log also display the names of the contacts I added manually, as well as Facebook contacts. This is totally weird; it almost seems like there are two separate contact lists in the phone, but I know there aren't. If someone could explain this to me, and tell me how to make Added contacts display in the same Contacts list as Facebook contacts, that would be very helpful.

Edit: I found the solution. I had to go under Contacts > Menu > Display Options > google account > and select all of the groups.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones