• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts Problem - Two Google Contacts are fine in the Web app, but get mixed up on the 'droid phone

I'm helping a non-techie friend. So, in Google Contacts, he has hundreds of contacts. There currently is a problem with two of them - but ONLY in the Contacts on the Android. They appear correct in any web view.

To anonymize, let's call one contact David Kale and the other Ama Zone.

So, In Google [Preview] Contacts, they appear individually - under All Contacts. Likewise, in the older Contacts, they each are in the group My Contacts and again appear individually. All good so far.

On the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Express, SGH-1437, Jelly Bean 4.1
Going to the Contacts app (the default app that came with the phone) - Ama Zone does not appear in the list view or when searching for Ama or Zone. Stranger than fiction! Her phone numbers and email address come up under David Kale, along with his contact info.

Attempts to Rectify the Situation
Changed the Contacts to Display to Gmail/Google contacts only. Confirmed that the Google account is indeed sync'ing the Contacts, we made some superficial changes to both contacts and made sure that Contacts re-synced after that. But no changes to either in the Contacts list; Ama Zone's contact info still appears as part of David Kale's contact.

note - Since that model Galaxy does not have its own sub-Forum, I posted it here under Apps.

HELP!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones