Contacts problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Barry610

Barry610 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all , just got my1st smart phone last week (Desire) and to be honest i'm still not sure what to think of it.
    One of the problems that i have been having is that when i start a text message and go to put the contact in all of my contacts are duplicated, even though this is not the case when i open up the People folder.
    Is there any way that i can get this to return to normal?

Cheers

P.S Each of the duplicated contacts in the messages widget has a blank face next to it and the other has a picture of what looks like a sim card

Advertisement
  2. Anndrej

Anndrej New Member

Same problem here... I thried with deleting all the contacts from my SIM card and phone and using only google contacts, but it keeps showing me their emails and second emails when I try to add multiple contacts to a SMS/MMS. It gets really annoying. Why would I add an email address to a SMS. I would like the contact to be displayed like in the people app. How do I do that? It's driving me crazy. It gets even worse if you sync with facebook and have contacts on your SIM card and Phone storage.

Someone please HELP!!!!! I will be forever thankful! Really!!! HELP!!!

3. Anndrej

Anndrej New Member

Also tried clicking on show only contacts with phone numbers. Own a HTC wildfire. Please HELP!!!

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

People is your contacts list. It can be filtered but messaging app will show all contacts regardless of whether people is filtered. You could try linking them all.

Anndrej likes this.
  5. Anndrej

Anndrej New Member

Thanks, but I already had them linked and no result... That's why I tried with deleting them from SIM and phone. Know any way around this. I am desperate....:(((((( and dissapointed of my first android phone...

6. Anndrej

Anndrej New Member

The only way I could find aroun this is to first form a group with the desired people, than send the message and delete the group.... But this is highly unecessary... What do you do if you have to send an mms to 60 people? Hope they fix this with 2.1....