• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts problem

Biohazards

Lurker
Aug 5, 2010
I'm having problems with my contacts showing up on my Black Xperia X10i. I made sure I saved all 170 contacts to my AT&T sim card before I put it in the phone. When I put it in, and turned on the phone, nothing showed up. I tried to go through settings to see if it had to be checked but I can't find anything. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. :thinking:

this option has been discussed many times many on other threads. From what I have gleaned by trolling though them and by usage of the phone, this is a Google limiter. Gmail contacts are only displayed first name last name. There is only one way around this. Rename all of your contacts switching the last name for the first. Basically this now lists all of my contacts (187) in a last name first format. It took a bit of patience but was well worth it for me. Now I with any new contacts I simply in put there names in reverse, this maintains the "filtered style I prefer.

Hope this helps with your question.

Upvote 0
I have been a user of MyLookout app from my Pre-Android days. I backed up my contacts from my WM6.1 device to MyLookout online, then when I switched phones, I used the restore function from online and voila, all my contacts onto my Android phone.

In the process, I also cleaned up my Gmail contacts to include phone numbers and email addresses to for all my contacts, that one required some patience. LOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones