1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

contacts problem!!!

1. pswiney3

pswiney3 New Member

every time i add a contact to my contacts list it never shows up. so i have to searh for it in my contacts. when i find it i have to export it to my sd card & then import it back to make it appear in my contacts list. when i do this it creates a new file on my sd card of my contacts. how do i delete the contact files that arw on my sd card that i dont need?

Advertisement
  2. COW8OY

COW8OY New Member

***No contact list***
    Once I updated to 2.2 from 1.6, my unrooted ZIO worked great, but my contact list only showed a few contacts which I had deleted a long time ago. None of my current contacts showed up. [​IMG] [​IMG] However, the text messages, all had the names, and you could access the contact's info from the messages, same for the call list. I tried everything to get the list to show, but backup would not add any contacts, as they were clearly somewhere on the phone already. What I wound up doing that worked, was I copied all of my files (including contacts file) from the SD card onto my pc, then formatted the SD. Then I did the factory reset on the phone. Then I recopied the previous SD contents back to the Sd, but only the contact file, music, pics, etc. Nothing that looked like it was for the operations on the phone. Then I brought up the empty contact list on my factory fresh looking phone, and imported the contacts. Finally.[​IMG] Even Cricket could not help me with this, and just opened a ticket on it. Hope it helps.