• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contacts problems when composing a message

matts81

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
My normal contacts list is fine, synced with facebook etc, but when i go to compose a new text message and click on contacts i get duplicate contacts plus peoples e-mail addresses too. I only want my normal contacts to appear.

Any suggestions on how to sort this out?

Thanks

I want to bump this because I have the exact same problem.

Recently switched from Blackberry to Android and I never had this problem with my BB. I type a letter to the start of someones name and the list of people with that letter comes up first in alphabetical order.

Ie. I type A, and I would get alex, andrew, ashley, etc.

But instead, its multiple contacts of the same person, e-mail addresses and the best part is, when I type A, I get Rose first, 3 times...?

P.S. When I was starting my own thread, suggestions came up, and this was exactly the same problem I am having, except I have Note 2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones