Contacts Problems

Last Updated:

1. Talexe

Talexe Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't know how to export my contacts on my old phone, or if it was possible at all - I have a new SIM. This means all my contact information initially came from Facebook and Google - I planned to add numbers later. But there have been some problems!

For example, I cannot edit the details of Facebook contacts! This means there are some annoying examples where the primary phone number is set as 'ask me' or has an incorrect format, and I don't know how to change it! I used a work-around by adding their real numbers as a separate contact and merging the two together, but I still do not know how to change the primary contact number.

My problems can be summarised like this:
    1. I can't add / edit contact details of people I only have on Facebook
    2. I can't change the primary contact number of a contact (solved)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

1: i don't think you can, it would be like changing their facebook acc info, its literally a pull of their info from the site.

2. People > open a person > long press on the number u want to make primary > select make primary

Talexe likes this.
  3. Talexe

Talexe Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks lekky, particularly for point 2!

About point 1, though. I knew that you probably couldn't change the details actually synced with the facebook account - my problem was that if there was a contact who I only had on facebook, and not in my e-mail address book, there was no option to add any further details like a phone number. I had to manually create another contact to include these additions, then merge them.

If anyone has further suggestions I'd love to hear them, but this should help a lot!

4. Psymon

Psymon New Member

On a related note:

I have some facebook contacts that I'm not particularly bothered about having as contacts on my phone.

In people I have it set to not show people from facebook, and it all works fine, with only my phone contacts showing, however when I click on the phone button at the bottom of the home screen the list of contacts includes any from facebook who have an associated 'phone number' (in some cases a text string)...

Does anyone know if there is any way to stop these facebook contacts showing up in this list?

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

There isn't a way to remove them from there, thats information straight from HTC support.

Psymon likes this.