contacts profile pics

Last Updated:

1. dudemyster

dudemyster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have my contacts linked to there face book profiles but there profile pictures are not updating???? any one know how to get it to update so i always have the current profile pic on my desire??

regards

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It always seems to keep the one that was first sync'd. You can remove facebook sync and re-add it and this will get the current picture but it's not ideal.

dudemyster likes this.
  3. dudemyster

that seems a bit shabby, would i have to relink all the manual ones? i would of thought that it would update anytime i look at some ones profile? any other ideas anyone? thx

4. Bonce34

Bonce34 Active Member

You could try going into the Online Directories part of the People app. From there select Facebook to show the friends that are synched to your phone, hit Menu and then refresh... see if that helps?

5. dudemyster

cant see a refresh..... only view, company diretorie, import/export, delete and add???

6. lewoody

lewoody Member

I've got the same problem now I've updated to 2.1 on my Hero.
    It always showed contacts pictures linked from their Facebook accounts but now doesnt. I have made sure Ive gone in and synced them but still wont show

Cheers
    Woody

7. cultor

cultor Well-Known Member

I installed this app
    SyncMyPix - Android app on AppBrain

if you run it, it will update the pictures, also from facebook.
    Although I have high res pictures on, I get a lower quality when People phone me... Not sure if the quality is the same as original though since I never really payed any attention to it

8. charlies99

charlies99 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem but reversed, when I used a photo for a contact it would overwrite it with facebook pic after a sync (Very annoying). I realised that if you click on the contact picture in linked contacts view (through people) you have a drop down box to choose the default contact that you want to use for displaying a pic. It is right at the top where the picture and name is, click there and it takes you to an edit screen with drop down arrow next to the picture

SO, if you have a facebook contact linked to another contact such as "phone" it could be using the "Phone" picture by default...even though that default pic may have come from facebook in the first place....

Try changing it to the facebook contact...just a thought, and I hope it made sense, not easy to explain !

9. greyhead79

greyhead79 Active Member

I also have the same problem, but it's updating some people's pictures and not others! Grrr.

10. dudemyster

iam hearing the same problem with blackberry users its bloody annoying!!! surly it cant be to hard to do for a phone like this??? grrrrr