contacts question

Last Updated:

1. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In my people app, all my contacts have the word 'phone' on the right hand side of the name bar, except recently added contacts which says 'Google' instead.

My question is, how do I make all contacts say Google by default? This is so I can sync them to Google I guess...

Advertisement
  2. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Yeah, i'd like to know this too.

3. morrijr

morrijr Member

When you add a contact there's a "Contact Type" drop down. Make sure this is google.

I don't know how to move existing contacts. I entered most of mine in the google mail web interface and waited until the phone sync'd.

4. morrijr

morrijr Member

To move an existing contact;

Open up their contacts,
    Press Menu
    Select Save to contacts
    Select Google.

5. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

That only works (for me anyway) if youre moving a contact over from the SIM onto the phone/google. Once it's on the phone/google i cant see a way of switching between them. Save to contacts just doesnt appear as an option when you press menu.

You could, i suppose, save the contact back to the SIM and then re-save it, but that's so much work i'm not even remotely prepared to consider it (each contact method would have to be copied to SIM separately then recombined after copying back over, i dont think emails, addresses, facebook etc will survive the transition at all, and i've got several hundred contacts).

6. morrijr

morrijr Member

Sorry, I can only say what I did - which was painful...

I did an export using "MyBackup Pro" manipulated it in a spreadsheet then imported it to googlemail and fixed any problems... but I've less than 100 contacts.