Contacts questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. brackett5

brackett5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed some things about the Fascinate like not being able to save calender updates to google calenders and so forth. My big concern now with getting the phone is does the phone save the newly added contacts to your gmail account????? Can anyone answer. I am going to be coming from the droid x and this is one thing that might be a deal breaker.

Advertisement
  2. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

When you create a new contact, it asks you if you want to save it to your phone, or any Google accounts connected with it. Come to the dark side, we have cookies! Chocolatey cookies, too.

3. brackett5

brackett5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

LMAO!!! Awesome!! X did that too. I can wait to get my SF.

Is the GPS really as bad as people say even using Google maps??

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

:D great advice

also for those paranoid individuals out there (like myself :eek:) i periodically backup my contacts to the sdcard through import/export in contacts. it back them up in .vcf format.

i say this because once on my dx (and i dont understand why to this day, must have been me freezing sync or something) my google contacts got erased when doing a data/wipe. i checked google on my comp and they were gone even though they were there the day before.

as a habit now, every week or so (depends on if i added anyone or not) i back up on my sdcard then as well.