• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contacts Questions

Mosleyx2003

Lurker
Jun 23, 2010
Hi. I just got a Droid Eris about a week ago. I am having one problem with the Droid though. First, I push the phone button at the bottom middle of the homepage to bring up the contact list. This is where my problem is. Whenever I scroll down the list to call someone, as soon as I stop scrolling, the top contacts (alphabetically) pop up and go right where the person I was trying to call was. This happened to me over and over today (restarted the phone several times to). I cannot even make a call to someone other than the first few contacts because of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If I understand you correctly, clicking on the "phone" button from the home screen does not get you to your contact list, but instead shows your call history. You can put an shortcut to your contacts on any of your screens so you don't have to go through the phone to get to them. Just go to the home screen you want to put it on, click the + button on the bottom right side, click on "programs," scroll down until you see "people" and click on it. It will put it in any empty space on that screen.

Edited to add...

Ahh, I see what you mean. Not sure why your Eris is doing this, but try adding the contacts shortcut like I mentioned and see if you can scroll normally using that. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones