Contacts - Send MessageSupport

Last Updated:

1. c308682

c308682 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Why does the People / Contacts entry automatically set up a 'send message' for every phone number even if the phone number is not a mobile number? That means that even though 3/4 of the phone numbers don;t have text message capability, they have a send message.
    That is clutter.

Is there a setting that I missed?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

The phone doesn't know that. It is an option that comes built into the phone.

c308682 likes this.
  3. Kyuss

Kyuss Well-Known Member

It would of been nice if they added filters so that it would only display 'Mobile' numbers. Minor complaint though as it's not that big of a deal.

4. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

It not an option if we can't choose to change it lol. It is a feature built into the phone and one that I personally hate. It really extends the list of contact info when you click on a name.

5. mweinstein

mweinstein New Member

This is definitely one of the most annoying android features. I hate that I may have 4 numbers for a person and I have to scroll down to see an address. Palm solved this issue 5 years ago and Google is trailing way behind here.

6. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

And to make it even more confusing/frustrating is that now, home numbers and work numbers have common "cell phone" area codes!! So half the time, I can't even quickly tell what's a cell phone, home number or work number...Ughhh, totally frustrating!!

7. snedwardq

snedwardq New Member

How do we go about getting official word from Google about this annoying "feature"?

8. c308682

c308682 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Google doesnt answer. Hides behind beta quite a bit even on simple things like this.