Contacts settings US not UKGeneral

1. paulw035

paulw035 Well-Known Member

I am trying to add a postcode to a contact but it is defaulting to zip code and I can't see any way to change this. Any ideas please anyone? Apologues, this should be in the note 3 forum. Old habits die hard.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

I have a 900A (AT&T version Note 3). I don't know where in the world it would be, but I changed the address of one of my contacts to be 1A5 B2C and it stayed that way, so I assume a real UK post code would work. It's just in the address block - not in any special "postal code" box. Are you using the default contact program, the orange "people" icon?

Having written many programs of this type, I'd say that a program that defaulted to ZIP code format on a device that may be used for addresses in other countries, would be sloppy thinking on the programmer's part.
  3. paulw035

Yes the default contacts app. I've taken a screenshot but can't work out how to add it here. I've put the postcode in the street name field as the zip code will only allow digits and not letters.
    Agree it seams very odd to only allow that format.
  4. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

I don't see a street name field, just an address field (with Home, Work and Custom dropdown labels). We might be using different apps. I just installed Go Contacts EX and even its "zipcode" field takes a UK-type postcode.
  5. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

Iona, Victoria County, Nova Scotia, Canada.
  6. Simon_Gardner

I use a couple of Postcard apps on my phone*. My favourite is German and it refuses to accept a postcode that is anything other than US-style.

* These are apps which allow you to send a physical postcard through the mail originating from your phone using your own photo.
  7. paulw035

Thanks guys, ive installed go contacts pro and it all looks good for now.
  8. Simon_Gardner

I've just discovered my International Note 3 ALSO will only accept US-style postcodes.

I'm pretty sure it did once and this is a kit-kat thing.

Edit. OK I just re-checked and the pre-kit-kat entered addresses are letters and digits but NOW it will no longer allow them.
  9. paulw035

I upgraded to kit-kat pretty much straight after I bought the phone (same day) so probably wouldn't have noticed if it was available in 4.3 on the note 3. My note 2 prior to this definitely let me enter UK postcodes and this was on 4.3
  10. Simon_Gardner