• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts storage OVER 800 MB!

I have an issue with my gf's phone that has been driving me insane for weeks now. She has been consistently getting the 'Internal Memory Storage Full' error, and lately she has not been able to receive texts at all. She's deleted many of her texts, all of her pictures, and any applications the dang thing will let her (minus all of the BLOATWARE), and the problem is still the same.

First of all, it was a nightmare to root this phone, as the Zerg mod didn't work. I won't go into how I finally did it, but it took over a week. Even with the phone rooted, I cannot move any bloat ware to SD, as the phone will not allow me to download any MOVE2SD apps (insufficient space!).

I learned that the issue was in my /data/data folder. More specifically, I recently discovered that contacts storage was taking up a WHOPPING 856 MB of internal memory - clearly a large part of the issue! The strange things is, she now only has 21 contacts (she used to have more, but somehow my meddling drastically reduced that number - still before did not have enough for 856MB worth)!!! I ensured that the contacts were not syncing to Facebook, or GMail, or anything else that could artificially inflate the contacts storage. Still, her phone is 'crippled', and I'm about to throw it against a wall.

Does ANYONE have ANY idea how to resolve this? I'm going crazy, and even the slightest, tiniest help would lower my blood pressure. Please help!!! :mad::mad::mad::thinking::thinking::thinking::(:(:(

Exhibit 2 is a good little phone but it's one that you really need to consider rooting due to limitations of the phone (internal memory is a weakness). I had one and when I rooted it, it ran so much better and smoother. They still have some good developers for that phone over in XDA forums.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue. In desperation I deleted all my contact both from my phone and my Gmail. But even without a single contact the 'contact storage' takes up hundreds of MB.

I would be happy to hear of you managed to find any solution!

Unfortunately I cannot delete data from the contact storage app - that button is blurred out.

Thanks,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones