Contacts Sync "Experiencing Problems"General

Last Updated:

1. ErisOwner017

ErisOwner017 Member

So, I noticed a discrepancy in my gmail contacts and the ones I have in my phone (Droid Eris, Naturally). Namely, there are a few from my phone that decided to not sync themselves over to my google stuff.
    Sad.
    So I went and tried to re-sync the contacts but i got the message: "Sync is Currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."
    This Bothers me only in that Sync is not back shortly, it's been 3 weeks and i'm still getting that message.
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Does anyone no how to remedy the situation?

Advertisement
  2. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

It happened to me as well, I did a hard reset and tried to sync my google contacts. only a third of my contacts did sync and then gave me that error, I had to reload 2.1 to get them all back.
  3. mmurphy1968

mmurphy1968 Member

I have noticed that any new number I save is not syncing. When I save the number I used to get the option to save it as a phone contact or a google one but now I only get the phone option.
  4. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Member

I know this is a little late, but I found a solution to this problem. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Contacts Storage and hit "Clear Data". Then resync and all should be good. You might want to write down any contacts the phone says aren't in the Google account first though just in case.
    TeamTJ and orchard_112 like this.
  5. orchard_112

orchard_112 Member

I think that resolved that for me. Thanks.

This must be a 2.1 issue. I didn't have it with 1.5, but am having it with 2.1 (ivan's official 2.1 version 1.0 alpha)