Contacts Syncing..NOT! Pt. IIGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Big R

Big R Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a couple hundred or so contacts on my phone and NONE in gmail...on the sync process it synced over my folders and categories, but not my actual contacts...GMAIL contacts sync is turned on.

?????

Advertisement
  2. jhug

jhug Active Member

How did the contacts get on your phone?
    Is the type 'Gmail'...if the type is 'Phone' they will not synch.

BTW - Haven't read part I of this -so not sure if this has been covered.

3. Big R

What? That's nuts! Yet it seems to be the case that if I enter a contact on my phone, it won't sync to Google...you gotta be kidding. Verizon/HTC/Google have GOT to fix this.

4. jhug

jhug Active Member

You can synch contacts setup on the phone. The issue is that the contact needs to be setup as type "Google" and not "Phone".

If they were setup as "Phone" - then they will not synch, and unfortunately this is NOT a field you can edit once a new contact is saved.

5. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

yup i had the same issue.

Went to the store because my phone keep Sense UI forclosing after the update. He said just do a factory reset.

And i repeated myself are my contacts gonna be erased. He said that as long as you have it synced to gmail you are fine.

Went home did a factory reset. Low and behold all my contacts that i imputed on my phone was gone. Which was really strange.

Called the verizon to give them an ear full and he said that i didn't synced it before I did a factory reset. And i said i've had this phone fore 3 weeks and automatic sync is checked.

So there was nothing he can do.

so how do we back up the contacts that are imputed as phone?

6. Keith.Barrows

Keith.Barrows Member

I am curious as to what the reason is for having Phone, Google and Exchange contacts. I now have duplicates, triplicates and some quadruplicates of contacts on my (new) Eris Droid.

I want Google to sync to Droid to sync to Exchange to sync to Outlook. Basically one contact should exist in all areas. But, on the Droid exchange contacts are different than phone contacts are different than google contacts. WTF??

7. Big R

"wtf?" amen!

8. DAE51D

DAE51D Well-Known Member

I just want my Android to sync with Outlook (no exchange, no gmail, no cloud no nothing -- as God intended and as every phone has done since 1996). *sigh*

9. Keith.Barrows

Keith.Barrows Member

Go to the HTC site and download the Outlook sync for Eris. (Sorry, I don't have the link handy.) After it is installed, when you connect your Eris Droid via USB their will be an option to sync on your status bar.

HTH

10. DAE51D

DAE51D Well-Known Member

11. Keith.Barrows

Keith.Barrows Member