contacts transfer to the car

Last Updated:

1. kll

kll Member This Topic's Starter

Does someone has the same problem and maybe knows how to fix it.
    I paired my Behold 2 to my 2009BMW. I can make and receive calls via hands-free car kit but only part of my phone book contacts transferred to the car ( only contacts from A to N in my case) When I deleted on the phone all contacts from letter N, contacts fom letter M appeared on the car display. I called T-Mobile and Samsung - no help. Support from Samsung told me to find at android market Bluetooth Profile for Phone book Access but I can't find it.
    If anybody have the same problem or have a knowledge how to fix it, please help.
    Thank you

Advertisement
  2. kkarlin

kkarlin Well-Known Member

I had a 2007 530i with the same issue. That vehicle was turned back in to BMW in Decemeber (Lease End), and the Buick Enclave we purchased exhibits the same issue - although I only get to letter L. Clearly this is a Samsung issue. I drove the Bimmer for 3 years with 2 Blackberries and a G1 synched with no phone book issues. So, I don't have a solution, but I have seen the issue. For me at the moment the phone book is not much of an issue as my wife is driving the Enclave and I can't stand Buick's phone book interface so I end up dialing from my phone when I drive her car anyways :) I'll be back in a 5 series in June when our other lease is out, so I'm interested in any solution you find but at the moment it's not a critical point for me and I have no good way to test solutions anyway (I rarely drive my wife's car).

K

3. kll

I called Samsung they blaming Google but I can't contact Google

4. kkarlin

That's pretty humorous, how is it Google's fault? Clearly you're not talking with someone that either understands the problem or actually understands the technology they're supporting. The issue is Bluetooth synching, if it was a "Google issue" then I would expect all Android phones to fail at synching contacts which I know is not the case.

I may have to call them myself just for fun to see what kind of answer I get.

5. kkarlin

What number did you dial to reach them?

6. kll

Samsung 888 9874357

7. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

If you want to send me the BMW, I'll hang onto it and do some thorough testing of my own. I can't guarantee you'll get the car back, but I'd be happy to help in this area. :cool:

kll likes this.
  8. kkarlin

It's good to see the Members coming together to help each other out. Spiz, you're a saint for offering to take one for the team like that.

:D:D:D:D

kll likes this.
  9. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Haha I do what I can. ;)

10. kll

Any other suggestions?