Contacts TransferGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cool8742

cool8742 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm going to get a G1 on Saturday and I currently have a Sidekick LX. Is there a simple way to transfer all of my contacts from my LX to (what will be) my new G1?

Advertisement
  2. Pathosis

Pathosis Well-Known Member

Just make sure all your contacts are on your sim card..

When you get your G1 you can sync all your contacts by pressing the menu and it'll say "sync contacts from sim" or something like that.. you'll figure it out. ;)

3. cool8742

K, thanks :].

4. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I have still not figured this out (easily) but one suggestion to avoid losing your contacts....

Go into your desktop interface (on tmobile.com) and go to your email app, send an email to a non-tmail account and click attach vcard, then in your address book, click the "all" link to show your whole address book. Then select the check box that selects all.

Now hit attach.

You have just attached all your vcards to your email.

My problem has been that there is no good vcard direct to Gmail Contacts import. Gmail Contacts only wants a CSV file and it is has not been at all easy.

I have tried mapping to the gmail map based on an export, and matching up my data, but that didn't work.

I am going to look at the Funambol initiative next. I will keep you updated.

5. dkaufman1

One more thing, careful "thinking" you got it working since Gmail and other programs sometimes ignore fields resulting in loss of data.

6. cool8742

Well, last night I entered all of my contacts in manually on GMail....is that good?

7. dkaufman1

Of course that works great...I just have so many, and a lot of data for each one. I want to avoid that. (yes I fully realize I am spending more time than just typing them in.)