Contacts View Settings probably

Last Updated:

1. dr hfuhruhurr

dr hfuhruhurr New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok this is hopefully a no-brainer. I've imported my contacts from my old SIM but they appear in this format:

Tarbuck;Jimmy/1

rather than:

Jimmy Tarbuck

I know it's something to do with how the phone is set to display them as First Name; Second Name or vice versa, but can't find where on the sub menus to change this setting. Any pointers would be much appreciated, thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

This is to do with the different way the phones store contacts. I'm afraid that really is how they are input, and has nothing todo with changing display.

I recently did this for my gf. The best option is to save the contacts as google contacts, and then edit them online via your gmail account.

3. dr hfuhruhurr

dr hfuhruhurr New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks lekky, used to be able to do that on ericsson os but there's a billion and one other things that android will do besides! Forgive me for being a geordie but what's the best way to save all those contacts as google contacts? Thanks again

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Just to clarify, it stores them first name last name by default. In fact there is only one field called name so it cant do it any other way.

If they are already on your phone, then do:

people > menu > export to sd card
    then
    people > delete > delete all of them
    then
    people > menu > import from sd card > select google contacts

5. wimpythewhite

wimpythewhite Well-Known Member

You know Jimmy Tarbuck :D

6. JimmyT85

JimmyT85 Well-Known Member

Lekky, I tried it this way, yet all my contacts still have last night, first name.

It didn't say to import as google contacts, just said google with my account username. I chose it anyway, and it still gave me last name, first name.

Any ideas peeps?

Cheers