Contacts without pictures automatically assigned wrong picture

Last Updated:

1. kschzhd

kschzhd New Member This Topic's Starter

I am syncing contacts from Gmail, Exchange, and Facebook. I have contacts in Gmail that do not have pictures (nor do I have them as friends on Facebook). All of these contacts show the same picture - which isn't any of them. It's a picture that used to be the main profile picture (but not anymore) of a random friend on Facebook. The picture shows up when I click on the contact or when the contact calls, but not when I'm scrolling through the contact list - it shows no picture then or when I try to edit the contact. I can't seem to get this picture to go away on any of those contacts, and it's not especially helpful. I really would rather no picture show up than a random picture of someone else. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. mcknigs

mcknigs Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem back a few weeks ago. Near as I can tell, a couple people who had no pictures were being assigned pictures from FB contacts. It only lasted a few days -- long enough for my sister's number to be assigned a picture of girl I had a crush on 20 years ago (which was a little disconcerting) but not long enough to be a real problem. Have you tried cycling power from the switch, or battery?

-Scott

3. kschzhd

kschzhd New Member This Topic's Starter

Unfortunately mine has been this way for a few weeks. I power cycle my phone every couple of days as it is, with no change. I just did it again to be sure, with the same results - every contact that doesn't have a picture, whether it's through Exchange or through Gmail, each one has the same picture of the one friend on Facebook. Quite odd and annoying.